Date: Feb. 2, 2010
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Television: Fox Sports Detroit
New Jersey: 4-42
Las Vegas projection
Spread: Detroit -3
Score: Detroit wins, 93-90
Detroit offensive rating: 103.0 (26th)
Detroit defensive rating: 109.0 (22nd)
Detroit pace: 88.4 (29th)
New Jersey offensive rating: 97.2 (30th)
New Jersey defensive rating: 110.1 (27th)
New Jersey pace: 92.3 (17th)
Score: Detroit wins, 96-93
- New Jersey, the laughingstock of the NBA, is 4-24 in its last 28 games. The Pistons are 4-19 in their last 23. That difference isn’t as pronounced as I’d like.
- I think the Pistons will play well tonight, mostly because they’re worried about the embarrassment of losing to such a bad team. It’s the same reason so many teams look sharp against the Pistons.
- Will Bynum and Charlie Villanueva will play tonight, according to Keith Langlois of Pistons.com.
- Pistons injuries: _______. That’s right, everyone is healthy enough to play for the first time since the opener.
- I answered a few questions for Nets are Scorching.
- Ben Wallace is one of 17 players with 1,999 blocks, and he’s the youngest to achieve that mark. When he gets his 2,000th block tonight, both those facts will still be accurate.
- Join me in ESPN’s Daily Dime Live chat tonight.