Date: Nov. 12, 2010
Time: 10:30 p.m.
Television: Fox Sports Detroit
- Eric Bledsoe
- Eric Gordon
- Ryan Gomes
- Blake Griffin
- DeAndre Jordan Per Langlois, Jordan is also injured. Al-Farouq Aminu gets the start. Good matchup for Daye at least.
Las Vegas projection
Spread: Detroit +1
Score: Clippers win, 96-94
Three things to watch
1. Clippers have injury/depth issues.
The Pistons have finally run into a team that’s reeling as much as they are, possibly more. The Clippers are playing without Baron Davis and Chris Kaman, but the biggest loss is Eric Gordon, who is day-to-day with a shoulder stinger but he’s sat out two consecutive games. Blake Griffin has made just 9-of-27 shots in his last two games with opposing teams able to focus most of the attention of their defense on him. Gordon is probable against the Pistons as the Clippers try to avoid tying a franchise-worst 1-9 start.
2. Can Rodney Stuckey take advantage of a rookie?
Rookie Eric Bledsoe has been better than expected in the absence of Davis, but he’s played 35 minutes or more in five of six games as a starter, and check out the murderer’s row of PGs he’s faced head-to-head: Tony Parker (twice), Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups. The Clips are asking a lot of a rookie who is still learning to be a full-time point, and Stuckey should look to be aggressive against him.
3. Wallace v. Griffin
Blake Griffin had a poor game against the Spurs because San Antonio’s front line, primarily veterans Tim Duncan and Antonio McDyess, got very physical with him. Wallace can have that same type of impact for the Pistons defensively. Griffin is at his best running the floor and hitting the offensive glass. Wallace and the other Pistons bigs have to keep a body on him at all times, or he’ll do things like this. Or this.
- Vincent Goodwill reports that John Kuester is not thinking about lineup changes
- Keith Langlois gives Mike Abdenour some press (Is Abdenour the only trainer who has picked up a technical? I have no idea how to verify this.)
- Breene Murphy notes that Bledsoe is third on the Clippers in blocks. Weird.
- Count Vince Ellis among the ‘start Villanueva’ supporters.