The bungling of Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn was the subject of today’s ESPN 5-on-5 roundtable, and I gave my thoughts on a few of the topics. One question asked what Kahn’s worst move was. I picked Darko Milicic — not because Darko hasn’t been fine for what they’re paying him, but because Kahn seemed so love-struck by him:
Patrick Hayes, PistonPowered: Darko Milicic. Not signing him; talking about him. Kahn never let go of an opportunity to hyperbolically sing the praises of a player whose limits had long ago been exposed. If Milicic had never come into Kahn’s life, Kahn would seem a little less crazy now.
Here are the five questions if you’d like to participate in the comments:
1. Should the Wolves have fired Kurt Rambis?
Note: Rambis was 32-132 overall, 17-65 last season
2. How would you describe the process that led to Rambis’ removal in one word?
3. Should the Wolves fire David Kahn?
4. Over his two-plus years in Minnesota, what’s been Kahn’s biggest mistake?
5. What’s your favorite memory from the Kahn-Rambis “era”?