Choose the higher in the comments before tonight’s game, and we’ll update standings throughout the year.
Remember, just 66 games on the slate:
1. Charlie Villanueva ppg OR total times Pistons suffer defeat by 15 or more?
Both will be in double digits, and both should be close. Might want to eye the schedule for this one.
2. Ben Gordon total 3-pointers made OR Austin Daye total free throw attempts?
Gordon made 173 in 08/09 in 82 games (over 36 mpg). In 09/10 he made just 75 in 62 games (nearly 28 mpg).
3. Rodney Stuckey 3pt% OR Will Bynum 3pt%?
We can only hope these stay N/A for as long as possible.
4. Jason Maxiell rpg OR Rodney Stuckey ast/gm?
Does Maxiell even get enough minutes for this to be close? Likely depends on Big Ben’s durability/effectiveness.
5. Jonas Jerebko total 3-pointers made OR Tayshaun Prince total blocked shots?
Prince blocked 41 shots while sleepwalking through last season. He blocked 71 in 04/05 with, shall we say, a slightly different cast of characters.
6. Home wins OR team’s leading scorer?
It’s going to be close, and thus depressing.
7. Ben Gordon 20+ point games OR Brandon Knight 6+ assist games?
Gordon had just nine 20+ point games last season. That number WILL rise.
8. Austin Daye mpg OR team’s regular season win total?
With Prince re-signing, there’s definitely a clamp on Daye’s minutes. However, Daye is capable of playing 3 different positions. Although, if he’s inconsistent with his shot and ball control there’s not much of a chance his mpg exceeds the mid-20’s.
9. Tayshaun Prince ppg OR Greg Monroe total 18 & 10 games?
Prince will average between 13 and 15 ppg. I might be babying Greg with the 18 instead of 20. Shoot, maybe the 10 as well?
10. Brandon Knight ppg OR Rodney Stuckey fga/gm?
Should bode well for the team if this race is within 1.0-2.0. But it probably won’t be. Rodney in 09/10 had 15.2 fga/gm, last season just 11.8. Expect it back near 15 this season.
11. Ben Gordon mpg OR Jonas Jerebko total double-doubles?
Jonas had 7 double-doubles during his rookie campaign, but nearly sniffed out about 15-20 more. If Gordon is finishing games this matchup will be tight.
12. Charlie Villanueva total blocked shots OR Vernon Macklin total DNP’s?
There’s a joke to be had in this one somewhere.
13. Austin Daye 3pt% OR total team losses?
Daye shot 40.1% from downtown last season.
14. Ben Gordon TO/gm OR Greg Monroe ast/gm?
Gordon will likely be more involved, so his TO’s will increase (1.7 last season). Same thing applies for Monroe in the assists department (1.3 last season).
15. Damien Wilkins total 3pt attempts OR Ben Wallace total made free throws?
Ben played in 54 games last year at nearly 23 mpg and made 19 out of 57 free throws. We can probably expect very similar numbers this season.