For the third straight season, I’ll do my annual Draft Dreams series looking at prospects who should be available in this year’s NBA Draft and evaluate their potential fit/lack thereof with the Pistons. Here are the details for those who may not be familiar:
- I’ll do three posts per week, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, through June 25. This year’s draft is June 27.
- The Pistons have three picks this year: A first rounder (which we can safely assume will be in the lottery), their own second rounder and a second rounder from Houston from the trade that sent Chase Budinger’s draft rights to the Rockets in 2009.
- By the end of this, I’ll have profiled 50 prospects. So keep in mind: not all of these guys are legit options for the Pistons. No reason to make the “OMG, the Pistons would never draft that guy LOLz” comments that occasionally cropped up last year. This is just meant to look at the strengths and weaknesses of as many prospects as possible. There will be some names who, I would guess, the Pistons won’t give much consideration to or be in a position to draft. That doesn’t mean we can’t play the ‘what if?’ game though.
- Feel free to offer your own insights in the comments. I watch as much college basketball as I can, but obviously, there are a lot of guys I don’t see much of. If you have watched a player extensively or, even better, if you’re one of our overseas readers and can offer your knowledge on any of the international players when we profile them, please dive into the comments and give your thoughts.
- Lastly, we’re offering sponsorship opportunities for the series this year. We’re pretty open to negotiation as far as sponsorship time-frame/price. Here are some details about the type of package, potentially, we could offer an advertiser in the series. E-mail pistonpowered(at)gmail(dot)com for more info.
As readers who have followed the series have always done, feel free to make suggestions for who you want profiled in the comments, especially among the more obscure second round territory players. I’ll get to 50 of them, most definitely all of the first round-level talents, but obviously, if there are guys you’d like profiled more than others, definitely speak up and let me know so I can make sure they’re on my radar.