The Pistons’ suffered one of the worst summer-league losses in history, falling by 30 to the Celtics today. Fortunately, that ranks just behind the best summer-league win in history.
- Kelly Olynyk ’s offensive moves were too advanced for Mitchell’s defense
- Very active again the offensive glass, though I think offensively rebounding airballs, which he did a couple times, is easier than shots that hit rim
- Powerful putback dunk, followed by a stare-down to match
- Nice cut and strong alley-oop finish. More mean mugging
- Didn’t follow same routine on a pair of free throws. Spun the ball around his hand before dribbling it on the first, but not on the second. Missed both.
- Shot another jumper just inside the 3-point arc, which won’t be frustrating until the regular season, but I’m readying myself
- Also played for the Celtics (not really, but this guy made for one confusing matchup)
- Another day, another airball
- Shot 3-for-10, including 1-for-6 on 3-pointers. Clearly getting frustrated.
- Made another 3-pointer, but it was wiped out by a moving screen that got him open
- Again tried for a thunderous dunk, again missed, but this time didn’t draw a foul
- Good instincts to swarm for a steal and fastbreak dunk when Olynyk bobbled the ball on the perimeter
- Good hustle to get a fastbreak steal
- Shot 0-for-8, including 0-for-5 on 3-pointers
- Kicking his legs out on his 3-pointers
- How is he going to make the team?
- Shot an early jumper, obviously missed, and then fouled on an and-one on the other end. Great way to indicate he didn’t really care about this game at the outset, but he came around
- Repeatedly showed good hands inside
- Used quick feet to cleanly block Celtics shot right in front of basket
- Landing spot on jumper nowhere near where he lifts off
- Shot 0-for-4
- Nice defensive rotation and impressive guts to take a hard charge
Nice in-air adjustment on contested fastbreak layup
Trying to use the summer league to develop his passing
Sent to the bench in the third quarter with a right leg injury and was attended to by Mike Abdenour
- Good defense
- If he could shoot just a little bit, he could play in the NBA
- Who the heck are you, Mr. 6-foot-10 making 3-of-4 3-pointers?
- Amnesty Charlie Villanueva, please