The Detroit Pistons have an extensive franchise history spanning all the way back to 1941 when they were the Fort Wayne Pistons playing in the National Basketball League.
As the offseason keeps chugging along we’ll be counting down the five best players of all time at each position for the Detroit Pistons.
More from PistonPowered
- Heir vs Air: Grant Hill’s Best Piston Moments Against Michael Jordan
- Detroit Pistons: Michael Jordan Lied about Isiah Thomas
- May 18th 1988: Laimbeer, Pistons Eliminate Jordan, Bulls for the First Time
- Detroit Pistons: How Does Sekou Doumbouya’s Rookie Season Stack Up?
- Detroit Pistons 2019-2020 player grade: Derrick Rose
Today we come to the final stop in our countdown, as we take a look at the best centers to ever play for the Pistons.
The center position is arguably the most historically stacked position in Detroit, with great big men being a staple of all three championship winning seasons.
Even outside of the starting centers there have been a handful of very good players at the position who have come off the bench and contributed majorly.
So here are the five best centers in Detroit Pistons history.