Who were/are the best Michigan State Spartans stars to play in the NBA? Here is a ranking of the top 20 former Spartans.
Michigan State Spartans basketball has a storied history, and regularly falls into conversations as one of the great all-time programs alongside Duke, North Carolina, Indiana, or Kansas.
This is in doubt due to two great coaches, in Jud Heathcote and Tom Izzo, whose careers span nearly half a century.
More from All-Time Lists
- Top 8 long-range sharpshooters in Detroit Pistons’ history
- The 5 most disappointing seasons in Detroit Pistons’ history
- ChatGPT ranking Detroit Pistons players by position: Power Forwards
- ChatGPT ranking Detroit Pistons players by position: Small Forwards
- Detroit Pistons all-time leaders in triple doubles
However, the professional success of players no doubt contributes to a program’s legacy. With players like Draymond Green, Jaren Jackson, Miles Bridges, Gary Harris, there seems to be a recent surge in former Spartans making names for themselves into today’s NBA.
With the recent surge in NBA Spartans it got us thinking, who are the best to come out of Michigan State? Where do these young players fall among the all-time greats?
Let’s dive in to the best of the best of Michigan State Spartans in the NBA.